Skip to main content

This Week on the Mats

Wed I turned up for day class but nobody else turned up apart from me and the coach, so I had a private lesson, covering Spider guard to X guard and back take.

Fri Day Class I drilled the things I ran through during my private session and also the Mike Fowler capoeira pass, I do however need to break this down and drill the initial part of the pass more often.

I had some good rolls with the guys there I can't remember who was there but I know George was and I remember me telling him he roll to nice and needs to be a bit more aggressive, which is really a reminder for myself to do this too.

Oh and I received my 3rd stripe on my white belt off Adam too.




Saturday
Open mat and class we drilled variations of back control controlling the arm with the foot vefore going for a choke and also a switch over from side control.

Rolling again and Lloyd one of the purple belts commented about me not fighting enough to escape arm bars I reasoned that my arms are very inflexible but he said how would I ever get into the competitive spirit and learn escapes under pressure if I could not do them in rolling and just tapped as soon as he put them on..Spot on.
So I need to drill some decent armbar escapes and use them in rolling.

Diet has been pretty good for the week after scoffing everything in site last week and moving up to over 16% bf, I precooked 3 huge sweet potatoes and am eating them at work with rice carrots and beef burgers

Comments

  1. And how was your last year now?
    Been a while : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. trading wise , not so good, BJJ? not bad still a white belt but I recently trained at another gym and they can't understand why I have not been promoted? do you trade? and do you have a blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

My name is Graeme, I’m 43 I live in Cheshire. I have a decent paying job and work shifts, the  shift pattern mean’s I get blocks of days off, I work 4 X 12 hour shifts one week 3 x 12 the following and then 2 x 12 the week after. The days off means I will have plenty of time for trading on betfair, and training at Factory BJJ in Stockport where I am a white belt at Brazilian Jui Jitsu. I have dabbled on betfair for around 5 or 6 years half arsing it between gambling and trading .,I have been on a long losing streak, I suppose the reason I’m still a white belt at BJJ is I’ve been half arsing it at that too, although I have had some success at this as I won the British Open in my category this year. After more than 4 years I should be a belt level above white belt at least. Well the reason for the blog is to keep a journal of my progress at betfair and my progress on the mats.

Euros 2016 17/6/16

Notes and points for me. Italy V Sweden -Various trades back 0-0 in half time market and full time market. Half time market is for a few minutes just to get some green. Full time correct score dripped out in 2nd half from 65 mins to have a nice green if it remains 0-0 and a small green if there is a goal. Looking to lay correct score very late on at around 1.09. Basically lose some of my green hoping for a late goal like many game have seen